Frauke Lisa Seidensticker
My professional background
For 25 years, I built and ran institutions dedicated to human rights protection at the international, European and national level. My priority was the strategic development of these organizations as well as their management. Within Amnesty International, I had the opportunity to cooperate with people all over the planet who worked for human rights and democracy, mostly under far more difficult conditions than ours in Germany and Switzerland. Within the German Institute for Human Rights, we felt our most valuable contribution would be applied research. Moreover, we offered the space for lively discussions which allowed people who, without these conferences, would have hardly ever talked with each other, to exchange views. The Management Board of the EU’s Fundamental Rights Agency, a pool of human rights experts from all EU member states, in cooperation with representatives of the European Commission and the Council of Europe, supported the outstanding work of the Agency.
During all these years, I have come to appreciate concentrated, open conversations with two or more people, as the place for profound insight, as the ground on which innovation and solutions grow. This is why, today, I offer conversation formats to promote this nucleus of democracy and fruitful cooperation.
|1988-1992||Head of Refugee Department, then General Coordinator of the Christian Peace Movement, Berne.|
|1992 - 2001||Secretary General of the Swiss Section of Amnesty International, Berne. Strategic direction and external representation of the section.|
|2001 - 2010||Member of the Executive Board, Deputy Director, of the German Institute for Human Rights, Berlin. Building and Direction (in partnership with the Director) of Germany’s National Human Rights Institution.|
|2012 – 2017||Member, then Chairperson of the Management Board of the Fundamental Rights Agency of the European Union, Vienna.|
|Since 2011||Building and direction of my own consultancy, Seidensticker Coaching and Consulting, Berlin|
|Within my own consultancy, I offer coaching, evaluations, organizational development and chairing of group processes. Since 2014 I cooperate regularly with Benjamin Stachursky.|
I supported many institutions with coaching and consultancy process, among others these are:
- Bread for the World, Berlin
- Christian-Schwarz-Schilling-Project, Berlin
- Diakonisches Werk Berlin Mitte e.V.
- European Network of National Human Rights Institutions, ENNHRI, Brussels
- Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst, Bonn
- Federal Department for Foreign Affairs, Berne
- Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Bonn
- FIAN Germany e.V.
- Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation, Pakistan and Algeria offices
- Frontlinedefenders, Dublin
- German Federal Foreign Office, Berlin
- German Institute for Human Rights, Berlin
- German Society for the United Nations, Berlin
- Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ, Eschborn
- Heinrich-Böll-Foundation, Berlin
- International Nuremberg Principles Academy, Nuremberg
- Kindernothilfe e. V., Duisburg
- Lesbian- and Gay Association Germany
- Liechtenstein Academy, Eschenz
- Medica Mondiale, Cologne
- Misereor e.V., Aachen and Berlin
- Organisation Contre La Torture Tunisienne, Tunis
- Organisation Mondiale Contre la Torture OMCT, Genf
- Swiss Centre of Expertise in Human Rights SCHR, Berne
- Transparency International, Berlin
- UNDP, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Womens‘ Network Marzahn-Hellersdorf
Certificates and diploma
|1992||Post-Graduate Diploma in Non-Profit-Management, University of Fribourg, Switzerland|
|2002||Certificat de Formation Continue, Droits de l‘homme, University of Geneva, Switzerland|
|2009||Licensed Master Practitioner of NLP™, International Society of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Hopatcong, USA|
|2009||Licensed Hypnotic Practitioner of NLP™, International Society of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Hopatcong, USA|
|2010||Coach U Inc., ICF-accredited coaching training, (CEP Graduate), London, UK|
|2012||Certified Transformative Coach™, certified by Michael Neill, Los Angeles, USA|
|2019||Certified Advanced Transformative Coach™, certified by Michael Neill, Los Angeles, USA|
Since 1993, I took part in many trainings on quality control, conflict management, change processes and organizational development. I learned from Master Teachers such as Nancy Kline, Dr. George Pransky, Dr. Richard Bandler, and Dr. Max Schupbach.
I offer coaching in German and English language.